search e-mail masters sports


  Study Plan
  Course Registration
  Visa Application








According to the immigration laws of Hong Kong, persons who do not have the right of abode or right to land and wish to enter Hong Kong for the purpose of education are required to obtain a valid student visa/entry permit issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department before coming to Hong Kong and to possess a valid student visa throughout the entire period of study in Hong Kong. More information can be found at the website of the Hong Kong Immigration Department (

The Global Student Office of HKUST will assist all exchange students in applying for Student Visa. The visa application procedures will be found in the admission package to exchange students. Together with the fee for subscribing the mandatory insurance scheme for exchange students, each student has to pay a sum of HKD$1,435 for a term/HKD$2,350 for an academic year as 'Exchange Student Fee'.

Exchange students holding a student visa are NOT allowed to take up any kind of employment or internship in Hong Kong.

The HKSAR Government requires every adult who enters and is permitted to stay in Hong Kong for more than 180 days to apply for a Hong Kong identity card within 30 days of arrival. There is no charge for identity cards issued to new arrivals. The identity card must be applied in person at the Registration of Persons Offices at the Hong Kong Immigration Department.